Upcoming Brazilian vert skater extraordinaire Bob Burnquist is Thrasher's Skater of the Year.
The éS Spring line adds Eric Koston's first-ever pro model skate shoe, the Koston (the first-ever pro model with an air system, plus an exposed polyurethane midsole), plus the Clarion, the Diva, the Slint, the SLB '97, the Sonata and the Zel.
The Fall line adds Chad Muska's first-ever pro model skate shoe, the Muska (the first-ever skate shoe with rubber lace loops and an innovative stash pocket hidden in the tongue), plus the Ezio and the Intra.
A young skater living on the streets, Muska will go on to leave a permanent footprint in the skateboarding landscape. From living on his own at age 16 to building his own empire, Muska and his many-faceted talents are first recognized by éS.
Photos, top to bottom: Eric Koston, Bob Burnquist, Chad Muska
1995 and 1996 UPDATES: The footwear part of the timeline was a little off before, so we just shuffled the shoes around a bit. Now we know it's all correct, thanks to some old line lists and sales flyers from 1995 and 1996 that we just found. So, go back and read 1995 and 1996 again.
Also, due to popular demand, the footwear images can now be enlarged.
- The Simpsons surpasses The Flintstones as the longest-running prime-time animated series .
- Thirty-nine bodies are found in the Heaven's Gate cult suicide.
- A Pegasus rocket carries the remains of 24 people into Earth orbit for the first-ever space burial.
- NASA's Pathfinder space probe lands on the surface of Mars.
- Mayo Clinic researchers warn that the dieting drug Fen-Phen can cause severe heart and lung damage.
- 185,000 Teamsters Union United Parcel Service drivers go on strike.
- Diana, Princess of Wales dies in a car crash.