Bros and Pros

Posted August 15, 2005 by éS

UPDATE: The day has finally come: Justin Eldridge has turned pro for Chocolate Skateboards! Look for Justin's new signature board in your local skate shop within the next couple of weeks, or buy it at Val Surf's Web site today! If you order it online from Val Surf, it will come to your house personally signed by Justin! Don't lag! This offer won't last forever!

Comments:

There's 34 responses to "Bros and Pros"

1. When is that board coming out ?
    i like the shape of the board i wonder what size it is.

Alex Posted: 8 years ago
  2. YES JUSTIN ROCKS!!! lol i saw it on crailtap today its truley about time good call chocolate, but it could have been sooner lol in hot chocolate hes amazing nollie nosegrind as warmups amazing

dont blame me i voted for pj ladd Posted: 8 years ago
  3. Congrats Justin!!

Josh P. Posted: 8 years ago
  4. Congrats! Also for teammate Devine Calloway. Josh when is the YéS video coming out?

Jeremy Posted: 8 years ago
  5. NEVER!! haha. Just Kidding. We are still filming. We wanted to have it out by Christmas but........... Craig knows more about the status of it then me.

Josh P. Posted: 8 years ago
  6. There's no way Chris Roberts or Robbie McKinley are going to take this laying down. They've been patient and faithful to Girl/Chocolate and they deserve to be pro TEN TIMES more than Justin or Devine. Justin, be a friend and put in a good word for these two guys, you know they deserve it. As for Chris and Robbie, there are a bunch of companies that are waiting for you to give them a call and are willing to give you a board.

Don't SkHate Posted: 8 years ago
  7. my all time favorite

ricky Posted: 8 years ago
  8. No offense to Don't SkHate, but I think it's plain to see Justin has a much bigger bag of tricks than Chris, and deserves it more than him, even if Chris has been around for a while (I don't know if he has). I like Chris though, don't get me wrong. And I think Robbie's on a different company. That or he's not on the site. Robbie definitely deserves to be pro, actually I thought he was already.

On a different note, where's the Penny 2 lows and Koston 6.5 (mid)? C'mooon, you guys are playing with us!

Raul Posted: 8 years ago
  9. That didn't sound right...Eww.

Mikey Dawes Posted: 8 years ago
  10. dude robbie rides for girl chris rides for chocolate, this is regarding chocolate not girl any ways they are sister companies tho and chris roberts has an equal bag of tricks as justin they are both equally talented

dont blame me i voted for pj ladd Posted: 8 years ago
  11. I know Girl and Chocolate are different companies, but Rick Howard and Mike Carroll do have the final say in who goes pro on either team. If someone goes pro for Chocolate they are basically going pro for Girl since the two companies are so closely linked.

Right now I'm starting to realize that its about marketability, who's gonna sell the most boards. I guess an un-original rail-junky (Justin) is more interesting to kids than quite possibly the best manual technician of all time (Chris).

And why does that slash appear in my name every time?

Don't SkHate Posted: 8 years ago
  12. chris roberts knows how to manual

ricky Posted: 8 years ago
  13. Dudes, unfortunately marketing does play into it a bit. It sucks but at the end of the day you have to be able to sell your shit. As far as Chris Roberts goes it probably has to do with the amount of exposure the dude gets (Chris hasn't had that much). Justin, in the last few months, has had covers, editorial (going on trips), his other sponsors have been running ads to. Justin is out there more...the same goes with Devine. I agree that Chris Roberts kills it...he just needs to get out there and jump on some trips and get those photos. I don't know the dude so who am I to say what a dude does...I'm just letting you know how it typically works. The more you are out there shredding it up the more the skateboard dream can become a reallity. Overall though just skate and have fun.

Raul-The 6.5's went through some changes so I couldn't post them. Once the new ones come in I'll post them for you to peep. The Penny 2 Lo's we'll post once I get pics. They look so sick. I've been skating in some new joints...oh boy wait to you see these.

craig Posted: 8 years ago
  14. Big ups to Justin and Devine on goin pro! Both of them deserve it for sure. Both stlye for miles and are just poets on a skateboard. Whens Eldy goin pro for eS!!? His shoe will be dope for sure, but thats a ways away

Wizard Posted: 8 years ago
  15. so i got a question, shoe companies never make the decision to turn someone pro its always the deck company? does it generally mean that a person will get a pro deck before their own pro shoe? i never really bothered to look into how that kind of thing works

kev Posted: 8 years ago
  16. yeah justin u mad basterd u deserve that man
    u r prety gnarly
    cnt w8 2 c ur pro model shoes lol
    beter start on it ill b w8in 2 purchase me that 1
    yeah justin

ant .g. Posted: 8 years ago
  17. congradulations to eldridge and devine. They both deserve it. This is kind of off the subject but i was reading scott johnsons 11 list thing in this months skateboard mag and i noticed that he golfs. I'm glad im not the only skater that golfs also.

Adam Foreal Posted: 8 years ago
  18. I thought he would become pro early because of his sweet parts in "Yeah Right" and "Hot Chocolate" , but hey now he's pro and that's all that counts. Congrats to Devine too, he really made himself noticed last year and a year later became pro, that's impressive.

Dave B Posted: 8 years ago
  19. In an interview with Paul Machnau, a while back, he was saying how skateboarding is fun and everything but it's also stressful because you have to advertise yourself. Skill is important but sadly, not the only factor. Look at Bam. He didn't get where he is from skill, he got his sponsors because he can sell his shit to kids.
    But hopefully if everything turns out right, your skill and 'advertising' will go hand in hand.

Justin.P Posted: 8 years ago
  20. Justin P. you are so right amen bro

dont blame me i voted for pj ladd Posted: 8 years ago
  21. Adam F- So many skaters golf...it's insane. I have no idea why though. That dude Ronnie Creager is trying to turn club pro (pro at the local course). After that usually the person turns golf pro, or at least has the chance to go pro.

Back to Justin...Usually the board companies turn a dude pro and then with right amount of shredding and coverage a person can get a pro shoe...but you really have to hustle to get one

craig Posted: 8 years ago
  22. What size is Justin's pro model?

Chris Posted: 8 years ago
  23. that fucking board is sick

ace Posted: 8 years ago
  24. i bet when he gets a pro shoe it will be sick

Kevin Posted: 8 years ago
  25. I really wish I was sponsored by eS...

Mikey Dawes Posted: 8 years ago
  26. Woot! Elridge deserves it, He KILLS rails!!!

ghetto kid Posted: 8 years ago
  27. justin sells product . people can speculate , but the board , shoe , and clothing companies pay these guys to ride or wear their products because these guys influence people buying stuff . companies look at skill for sure , but at the end of the day if your an amazing skater , but your name and face doesn't help sell product , you are on the way out . the companies can only have so many skaters on the payroll , so they try to make sure they have the guys that are translating into sales .

mike Posted: 8 years ago
  28. any skatedawgs wanna get up and play a round of golf and shit?

Adam Foreal Posted: 8 years ago
  29. im definitely getting that deck

Kevin Posted: 8 years ago
  30. Its about time. Devine Calloway and Justin deserve pro status more than Ryan Sheckler

Bryan Posted: 8 years ago
  31. how come javier still doesnt have a page on the team section
    and how come sven kilchenmann still isnt on the es team

mike Posted: 8 years ago
  32. It's about time he turns pro. Sven ain't that great. like craig said unfortunately marketing does play into it

Mugagga Posted: 8 years ago
  33. When will Cale Nuske and Justin Eldridge get pro shoes? Do you think it'll be within the next 2 years?

Mike Jones Posted: 8 years ago
  34. justin definately deserves to be pro because his tricks are out of this world ,
    who else could do a switch flip fs salad on that high rail,and calloway's style you'll nearly have a heart attack watching how inspiring they are like your would want to pop out of your chest and you'll want to skate so bad.

Lp New zealnd Posted: 8 years ago