Kerry Getz, Rick McCrank and Brandon Turner join the éS team. Getz is synonymous with Love Park, McCrank is the greatest street skater to come out of the Vancouver, BC area in over a decade, and Turner is a cornerstone of the Shorty's empire that dominates the board market for over two years.
Top photo: Eric Koston. Above: Chad Muska.
The éS Spring line adds the Mach, the Rocket, the SLB '98 and the Vector. The Fall line adds Ronnie Creager's first-ever pro model skate shoe, the Creager, plus the Maxim, the Stratus and the Quattro. The Holiday line adds Eric Koston's second pro model skate shoe, the Koston 2 (the first-ever skate shoe with EVA).
- Smoking is banned in all California bars and restaurants.
- President Bill Clinton denies he had "sexual relations" with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
- Data sent from the Galileo probe indicates that Jupiter 's moon Europa has a liquid ocean under a thick crust of ice.
- The FDA approves Viagra for use as a treatment for male impotence. Your email inbox will never be quite the same.
- Google is founded.
- Exxon announces a $73.7 billion deal to buy Mobil, thus creating Exxon-Mobil, the largest corporation on planet Earth.