Seventeen-year-old amateur Antwuan Dixon joins the éS team. Hailing from a rough neighborhood in Los Angeles, the big boy Antwuan, friend of the Baker crew, transcends his surroundings with the big moves.
Jay Maldonado becomes the new éS Team Manager. With his do-it-yourself attitude, skateboard filming knowledge and passion for sneaker culture, Jay becomes a big asset to the éS family.
Ten-year-old upstart Nyjah Huston wins Tampa Am and Am Getting Paid.
éS flow rider Bobby Worrest takes over the magazine world with a Check Out in TransWorld Skateboarding, a six-page interview in Skateboarder and an eight-page interview in The Skateboard Mag--all in the same month!
The éS team goes on filming missions to Hong Kong, Greece and Barcelona, Spain.
Eric Koston tours Chile, South America with Cameron Diaz for MTV's Trippin', then joins P.J. Ladd in Japan to film, demo and sign autographs for Fourstar.
Boost Mobile presents Eric Koston's éS Game of SKATE, which continues as a worldwide amateur series complete with its very own tour van. The third Am World Championships and Pro Finals go down on September 10 at the Action Sports Retailer trade show in San Diego, California.
éS Footwear hosts its 10 Year Anniversary party at CJ Art Gallery in San Diego, California. Attended by the éS team, employees, industry heads and friends, the party's highlights include a special photo exhibit that shows off a decade of some of the éS team’s most legendary moments. The snaps--fancy mounted color prints, actually--are auctioned off silently and the money is donated to Hurricane Katrina survivors.
The éS Spring line adds the Accelerate, the Cramer, the Esva, the Mack and the Radle. The Fall line adds Eric Koston's seventh pro model skate shoe, the K7, plus the Maccel, the Murray, the Rideaway and the Standard.
The Holiday line adds Rick McCrank's third pro model skate shoe, the Anti-Social, a lowered version of the Penny 2 called the Penny 2 Lo and the Flik.
éS Footwear celebrates a decade of being_the best part of skateboarding. Over the years, éS has consistently invented fresh, athletic-inspired shoes; and a decade on, is still inspired by--and inspiring--skateboarding. The éS legacy of leadership continues with new innovations embedded in the most stylish and technical skate shoes ever, all ridden by the best team in history.
- George W. Bush is inaugurated for his second term as 43rd President of the United States.
- North Korea announces that it possesses nuclear weapons as a protection against the United States.
- Ten people are killed in the Red Lake High School Massacre in Minnesota, the worst school shooting since Columbine.
- Pope John Paul II dies, causing widespread grief.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is released, completing the Star Wars movie saga begun by George Lucas in 1977.
- Pop singer Michael Jackson is acquitted of all charges of harming children.
- Spain joins Belgium and the Netherlands in permitting same-sex marriage.
- Live 8, a series of 10 simultaneous concerts, takes place throughout the world, raising interest in the Make Poverty History campaign.
- Four terrorist explosions rock London, three on a subway and one on a bus, killing over 50 and injuring over 200.
- Lance Armstrong wins a record seventh straight Tour de France bicycle race, then retires.
- The return flight of Space Shuttle Discovery is the first since the breakup of Columbia nearly two-and-a-half years prior.
- At least 1,300 are killed and severe damage is caused along the U.S. Gulf Coast as Hurricane Katrina strikes the Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama coastal areas. Within hours, levees give way and New Orleans is flooded.
- Terrorists strike Bali with bombs again, killing 26 and injuring over 100.
- A shipwreck in Lake George, New York kills 20.
- Hurricane Stan hits Mexico and Central America, killing over 1,153.
- An earthquake in Kashmir kills about 80,000.
- Microsoft releases the Xbox 360 gaming console to anxious nerds all over North America.
- Ted Koppel steps down as host of Nightline after 25 years.
- Surgeons in France carry out the first human face transplant.
- A U.S. Federal Air Marshal fatally shoots Rigoberto Alpizar, who claims to have a bomb, on American Airlines Flight 924 at Miami International Airport.