This is an update of the éS Timeline.
Pros Danny Garcia and Raymond Molinar join the éS team. While there are plenty of technical skaters in the world, few can pull it off with flawless style. Danny and Raymond do…every time they step on their skateboards. Amateurs Nyjah Huston, Silas Baxter-Neal and Bobby Worrest join the éS team. Nyjah is a dreadlocked 11-year-old pint-sized powerhouse and contest killer who brings down the biggies with the best of 'em.
Hailing from the backwoods of Oregon, low-key amateur Silas is described by Habitat as â€œa down-to-Earth person with relentless determination. Silas will skate anything. These days, it's rare to find an amateur with such diverse talent.â€ Growing up on the rough-surfaced streets of the East Coast, Bobby is hand-picked straight off the rad tree for the Krooked team by the Gonz himself.
Bobby Worrest wastes no time producing parts for both the Krooked Khronicles and Get Familiar videos! Rick McCrank scores a Color mag cover and, like Nyjah Huston, an interview in The Skateboard Mag. Rodrigo Tx. earns a TransWorld Skateboarding cover and interview, while Canadian éS rider Jordan Hoffart is voted Canadian Am of the Year by the Editors of SBC Skateboard magazine.
The éS team produces a 12-page â€œUéSAâ€ filming tour article in The Skateboard Mag and a 14-page â€œCotton Candy Skies and Gumdrop Dreamsâ€ photo essay in Slap, which covers the Denver to Utah leg of the same trip. The team also embarks on filming missions to Australia and Puerto Rico for their upcoming second video, éSpecial.
Rick McCrank and Justin Eldridge embark on the Badass Meets Dumbass Tour, Rodrigo Tx. joins the Feast Canada Tour and the éS team demos at the V7 Teenage Tour Finals in Chelles, Paris.
Rick McCrank wins the Top Pro title of the Downtown Showdown contest, while Nyjah Huston claims second place in the Skatepark event at the Dew Action Sports Tour Panasonic Open contest in Louisville, Kentucky, then gets voted MVP at the third annual GvR, leading the Goofy team to victory.
éS Europe team rider Daniel Cardone wins the Quiksilver Bowlriders contest in Malmo, Sweden; places second at the Bowlmasters contest in Brixlegg, Austria; and wins The Machine Award at the Slam Trick Invitational in Marina di Ravenna, Italy.
Unknown German amateur Alex Mizurov takes the third annual Boost Mobile + éS Game of SKATE Amateur World Championships and 2006 Finals by storm, winning both the am and pro events.
P.J. Ladd is honored with his very own gold colorway Venture truck!
Harvey Spannos, a surreal skate comedy filmed by Corey Adams and starring Rick McCrank, takes top honors at the X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival at Sundance and wins the Fuel TV Experiment, which gives Corey up to one million dollars to make his next film.
éS offers the P.J. Ladd + Plan B Collaboration, featuring a limited-edition P.J. Ladd pro model shoe in a black nylon bag, a baseball cap, and a super-rare éS + Plan B skateboard deck.
The éS Spring line adds P.J. Ladd's first-ever pro model skate shoe, the P.J. Ladd; Rodrigo Tx.'s second, the Rodrigo Tx. 2; a high-top version of Eric Koston's K6 called the K6 Hi; plus the Landen and the Square One. The Fall line adds Justin Eldridge's first-ever éS shoe, a designed-by model called the Theory; plus the Allure, the ATK and the Leed. The Holiday line adds the Theory Mid, the Dime, the Script and the Shelton.
- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shoots his friend and lawyer, Harry Whittington, in the face with a shotgun on a south Texas ranch.
- Massive anti-war demonstrations and a march down Broadway in New York City mark the third year of War in Iraq.
- In Miami, the Federal Bureau of Investigation arrests seven men, accusing them of planning to bomb the Sears Tower and other attacks in Miami.
- Actor Mel Gibson is arrested for drunk driving in California and launches an anti-semitic tirade.
- Spinach contaminated with E. coli kills one person and poisons over 100 others in 20 states of the United States.
- Google buys YouTube for $1.65 billion.
- Science predicts 90% of maritime life forms will be extinct by 2048.
- U.S. comedian and actor Michael Richards launches a racially charged tirade at hecklers during a performance at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles.
- Nintendo releases its seventh generation console, the Wii.
- Five prostitutes are found murdered at different locations near Ipswich in Suffolk, England.
- Former Iraq President Saddam Hussein is executed in Baghdad after an Iraqi court finds him guilty of crimes against humanity.
- The U.S. death toll in Iraq reaches 3,000.