Team Report 01-08-08

Posted January 8, 2008 by éS

Happy New Year! Just checking in with a lil' update on what the éS team has been up to over the last couple of weeks.

Rick McCrank is currently up in Vancouver, enjoying time with his daughter, as well as skating between rainstorms. When it does rain, Rick stays busy with music and skating the Anti-Social mega ramp. Just kidding, it's a mini.

Rodrigo Tx. is currently in Sao Paulo, Brazil after a two-week skate trip in Argentina with the Flip team, finishing up his part for their upcoming vid.

Justin Eldridge and Danny Garcia were out in Tempe, Arizona along with éS flow riders Mike Barker, Austyn Gillette, Kelly Hart, Mike Anderson and Kevin Terpening, to do some filming and skate the Tempe park. Upon Justin’s return to California, he picked up a guitar and has been learning some new licks, as well as frequenting Noah’s Bagels in Valencia for a double toasted everything bagel with onions, tomatoes, cream cheese and pepper.

Cale Nuske is still in Adelaide, Australia working on his part for the new Cliché video. He is also getting ready for a root canal soon. How fun! If you see Cale, tell him to stop eating so much candy.

Javier Sarmiento has been hanging out up in the Basque country of Spain. He has also been busy with his garden of cacahuates (peanuts), which he's been paying special attention to in the winter months to make sure he has a plentiful harvest for the upcoming 2008 baseball season.

Nyjah Huston is in beautiful Puerto Rico with the family, skating and enjoying the island culture. Nyjah will be returning to the mainland shortly to go shoot some photos and film in California.

Silas Baxter-Neal has been floating around the Bay Area, skating and filming. He was down in SoCal for a week, as well, filming with Mike Manzoori. Silas will be finishing up his Toebock part in the next month.

Bobby Worrest has been working on his tattoo collection. There were rumors floating around that he might get a tribal face tattoo, but thankfully, that turned out to be false. Besides frequenting the tat shop, he has been skating in the bitter cold of DC and preparing for a month-long stay in Cali, which is coming soon! Look out for Bobby in the new 411, as well.

Danny Garcia was in Hawaii with Quiksilver, enjoying the North Shore of Oahu. Can you say lifestyle? He has also been out and about filming and skating in Los Angeles.

Raymond Molinar has been back and forth between San Francisco and Long Beach, filming and shooting Polaroid pics for his Flickr page. Ray has also been collecting stamps.

Look out for éS flow rider Mike Anderson’s part in the new issue of 411 and Austyn Gillette's new novel called Hamlet. I'll bet you didn't know he is a writer!

Comments:

There's 46 responses to "Team Report 01-08-08"

1. that is so cool

girl4l1fe98 Posted: 6 years ago
  2. 4 him.

girl4l1fe98 Posted: 6 years ago
  3. PJ's contract up? Decided to leave eS? eS is falling apart?
    losing quite a bit of skaters lately huh?
    pretty sure PJ helped you guys out a lot with sales.

better sign another sick skater

WhatHappenedtoPJ Posted: 6 years ago
  4. Yeah he helped a lot, I bet tons of ppl bought accels because of PJ LADD (right now I'm wearing BLACK ACCELS which I bought because PJ LADD used them on WHL, my fav video), yet garry decided PJ doesn't even deserved a PJ LADD and eS part ways entry.

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  5. "losing quite a bit of skaters lately huh? better sign another sick skater"

I guess you didn't read the 2006 entry in the Timeline when Danny Garcia, Raymond Molinar, Nyjah Huston, Silas Baxter-Neal and Bobby Worrest joined the éS team.

"garry decided PJ doesn’t even deserved a PJ LADD and eS part ways entry."

I actually didn't decide it. A lot of other people work here, too. They decided it.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  6. Poor Garry. =(

Josh P. Posted: 6 years ago
  7. PJ's parting isn't even worth noting on the blog?

that's disgusting, no doubt he would have being a valuable player in eS' success yet he doesn't even deserve that kind of credit, chat as f*ck.

fourstar Posted: 6 years ago
  8. i think PJ doesnt give a f*ck, he just skates for himself.

put Kelly Hart on team!!!

efka Posted: 6 years ago
  9. its ok PJ was not a good skater in my opinion

dudealec Posted: 6 years ago
  10. hey guys, PJ didn't leave eS on bad terms, he decided it was time to move on and try something new...PJ has been part of eS for quite a while and it was sad that he wanted to leave, but we hope whatever he does next works out for him.

scuba Posted: 6 years ago
  11. i could see why it matters for garry and scuba but whys everyone else bitchin? eS makes bangin shoes so wat if pj isnt on the team anymore

jaxterx10 Posted: 6 years ago
  12. i cant find any theory mids in just plain black anymore :(

jaxterx10 Posted: 6 years ago
  13. Damn so PJ left... is it just me or has es gone seriously down hill. Garry i know your gonna say some retarded thing back, but actually think about it, es sucks these days man. skater's and the shoes are getting really weak. Whats up with Especial bullshit way to let everyone down.

lookatme Posted: 6 years ago
  14. dudealec, youre a fucking dumbass. To say PJ isnt a good skater is like saying oranges arent orange. Just watch his Wonderful Horrible Life part. then kick yourself in the mouth

Crentin Posted: 6 years ago
  15. I'm depressed now.

My main man is off the team.

GetThunderStruck Posted: 6 years ago
  16. FUCK ALL YALL 'eS is the shit

keeganalu Posted: 6 years ago
  17. everyone just needs to chill out about pj leaving, eS is goin to get plenty of good upcoming skaters, hopefully......

keeganalu Posted: 6 years ago
  18. Sorry Garry I gotta apologize to you, but obviously the guys owning eS are complete jerks, here is a list of the very smart decisions they've made along this last years:

-asking Creager to skate more handriels
    -not allowing Koston to own a part of the company (even tho he deserved it more than anybody else)
    -Stealing Danny Garcia from Lakai
    -leaving Alex Mizurov out of the GOS 2007
    -not giving PJ the credits he deserved when he left eS

And probably I'm not aware of/don't remember many more.

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  19. lookatme says:
    "Garry i know your gonna say some retarded thing back"

Some retarded thing back.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  20. “garry decided PJ doesn’t even deserved a PJ LADD and eS part ways entry.”

I actually didn’t decide it. A lot of other people work here, too. They decided it. Addition: And it wasn't about whether P.J. "deserved" it or not. éS and P.J. parted ways on friendly terms.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  21. Not trying to be mean or anything but, what do you mean is that, if eS and a skater part in "unfriendly terms" they get a "[skater] and eS part ways" entry, but if they part in friendly terms they get nothing?

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  22. Yea does anyone have an idea where PJ is going? I loved eS but to be completely honest, not to sound like a hater but things have gone down hill, i mean you got Rodrigo TX and McCrank, but its not about the team, the shoes are gettin retarded, they are way to complicated. I had easy 20 pairs of shoes from you guys and then things started gettin heavy and it was like lookin at a hard math problem, fuck this shit im outta here. And not to mention you basically fucked up the accel, like the accelerate was ok, square one...alright, but whuts this accel tt shit? Might as well posted a video of two girls one cup and called it a day, and these new arcane shoes, i saw a pic of them and they have that whole where you can see your sock? Fuck that shit, not to hate even though i did but you guys need some serious remodeling, notice how your skate shoes dont even look like skate shoes anymore, tone it down, scuba ur the man tho

pcupatwn Posted: 6 years ago
  23. "Might as well posted a video of two girls one cup and called it a day"

pcupatwn, I have no idea what that means. You also said, "not to sound like a hater," but your message was full of hate for éS. There are plenty of éS shoes in the current line that "look like" skate shoes.

sougaku, as far as I know, no one has left éS on unfriendly terms.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  24. sougaku - It sounds like you need to find a new message board to post on because we are not doing anything right for you. It was very clear at the beginning of the 2007 Games of Skate that the winner of the Am contest was not going to able to skate in the pro game. It's not like Alex won and then we decided not to let him skate.

pcupatwn - éS has always been about technical skate shoes. It was the whole reason the brand was stared. I think there is a good balance between tech shoes and more basic shoes in the line currently. If you don't like the Arcane then shoes like the Square One, Theory or Danny Garcia might be more up your alley.

PS - I've been skating in the Accel TT's for a few months now and they are my new fav éS shoe.

/me give Garry a hug.

Josh P. Posted: 6 years ago
  25. Sorry but, you know that rule was set in order to stop Alex going into the PRO game, because they KNEW Alex was going to win the AM game again, and the PRO one.

And I'm not the only one complaining about eS's awful decisions. But we keep coming here because we love the shoes/team, or we used to. I skate nothing but eS shoes.

PS - I think Koston and eS parted ways in very bad terms, or Koston would still be in eS.

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  26. Nah, Koston is still buddies with everyone here at éS. We even posted a news item about his ttp://esfootwear.com/blog/2007/04/23/kostons-wedding/" rel="nofollow">wedding a year after he left.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  27. wow, I never saw that, what was I doing on Monday, Apr 23, 2007? I didn't even know he was married haha. Well that's nice, grab his ass back on eS!

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  28. antuwan got an entry when he left, and he was officially on for like a year? PJ's been on for years and he doesn't get one

give the people what they want!

fourstar Posted: 6 years ago
  29. yo peoples.. stop hating and go skate.......eS doesnt stand for best team..... it stands for enjoy skateboarding.... so go out and skate and have some fun.... and let eS do their thing!

leotheskata Posted: 6 years ago
  30. Actually, the letters in éS don't stand for anything. If you really want to know how the name came about, it's the first and last letters in Etnies.

Josh P. Posted: 6 years ago
  31. Tom Penny, P-Rod, Mike Taylor, Bob Burnquist, etc. never received news items when they left éS.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  32. Lol ok sorry for making myself look like an idiot...lol but I was just reapeating from the shoe boxes....lol anyways...I hope anyone that reads this gets my point....they should just chill and let eS do their thing....they know what their doing lol

leotheskata Posted: 6 years ago
  33. Well i kinda pointed out that i was hating at the end, and to know the truth, the garcias look like a good shoe and i liked the theorys; however, the square ones sole fell right off and you got a lot of shoes lookin like boots now a days...are we skateboarding or digging some ditches? And you know technical is all good and whutever but i dont notice how light my shoes are or what system G2 is in it, most people end up puttin doctor scholls in their shoes anyhow

pcupatwn Posted: 6 years ago
  34. antwuan dixon got "canned" is what I remember... is that what you call friendly?? I just want to know how you guys decided that it wasn't necessary to make a blog entry announcing P.J. Ladd has left eS. If it was on "friendly terms" then I just don't understand why you won't acknowledge it on the website.

Plan B_09 Posted: 6 years ago
  35. True, it makes no sense to not make an entry about PJ, it's just nonsense, I don't think is such a big thing anyway. I have no idea what the eS owners are thinking.

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  36. Also I think there is no such thing as a "friendly terms", yeah Koston may still be friends with Garry and Josh, but I bet he hates the eS owners (he gave his best years of his life to eS, contributed more than anybody else, he definitely deserved a part of the ownership), PROD left eS for Nike because they payed him 5 millions dollars, so even if you say it was in "good terms", the fact is that PROD left eS because he just wanted more money, same with Antwuan who moved to Supra.

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  37. Koston loves me.

Josh P. Posted: 6 years ago
  38. "antwuan dixon got “canned” is what I remember… is that what you call friendly?"

What, you can't take a joke? Antwuan hung out at the éS offices and STI Lab way after that happened and had a good time. You guys read way too much into everything. You think you know what goes on behind the scenes, but you really don't.

"I just want to know how you guys decided that it wasn’t necessary to make a blog entry announcing P.J. Ladd has left eS. If it was on “friendly terms” then I just don’t understand why you won’t acknowledge it on the website."

And once again: Tom Penny, P-Rod, Mike Taylor, Bob Burnquist, etc. never received news items when they left éS.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  39. And Josh P is still P.J. Ladd's favorite skater.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  40. Tom Penny did recieve news items (or I remember he did), and as for when P-Rod, Mike and Bob left, it was not customary to make news items (at that time the blog didn't even existed), but as for the skaters that have left lately, all but P.J. recieved blog entries.

Btw, can I see some footage from Josh Powner?

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  41. sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  42. Hell no! I don't take criticisms well.

Josh P. Posted: 6 years ago
  43. Dang. I had the feeling that Penny got one. I should have fact-checked that. Revised: P-Rod, Mike Taylor, Bob Burnquist, etc. never received news items when they left éS. And yes, there definitely was a news column on the éS site when all of those guys left. I started working at éS at the beginning of 2002 and I posted news items then. If any of those three guys got one, I sure don't remember it.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  44. Arto Saari didn't get one either.

Garry Posted: 6 years ago
  45. I remember Mike Taylor, while not a complete entry about him leaving, it was mentioned that he left because he felt more comfortable skating with other shoes or something like that.

I also remember that when Saari and Bob left, all my friends and I were very confused about what had happened to them, that doesn't happened now with PJ thanks to the blog, were you inform us about PJ leaving, still I think it would had been a good idea to make an entry about it, but well, what's done is done...

sougaku Posted: 6 years ago
  46. "I remember Mike Taylor, while not a complete entry about him leaving, it was mentioned that he left because he felt more comfortable skating with other shoes or something like that."

I don't remember that.